Dr Zhenzhen Zhou
Ms Zhenzhen Zhou, Associate Researcher of CCPN Global (UK); Lecturer in World History, Department of History, Hangzhou Normal University.
Research Interest: History of British social welfare, especially the voluntary organizations, children welfare, and the comparative study between the British and the Chinese voluntary organizations.
- 08/2010- , Lecturer in world history, Hangzhou Normal University.
- 02-07/2012, visiting scholar, University of Glasgow.
- 09/2007-06/2010, PhD, Department of History, Nanjing University.
- 08/2008-09/2009, Visiting student, IHR, University of London.
- 09/2004-06/2007, M. A., Department of History, Nanjing University.
- “The Government Funding and the Changing of NSPCC, 1950-2010”, funded by the Early Career Development Fellowship Program of the MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, China, 2011-2014.
- “The Study of British Model Dwelling Company”, funded by Hangzhou Normal University, 2011-2012.
- The British Model Dwelling Company from the Perspective of Charity, History teaching, No.6, June 2014, forthcoming.
- On the Construction of the Second-Generation Welfare System during Blair’s Time, Journal of Hangzhou Normal University, Vol.34, No.2, 2012.
- The Voluntary Organization and the State in the process of Welfare State: on the Cooperation of the NSPCC and the Police 1884-1950, Academia Bimestrie, No.2, 2012.
- “Child Abuse in the Late 19th Century’s UK”, British Studies, Nanjing University Press, June 2011.
- “Middle-Class Women's Philanthropy in Early Victorian England”, Theory, Shenyang, No.5, 2010.
- “An Analysis of the British Middle Class Philanthropy in Mid-Nineteenth Century”, Journal of Historical Science, Kaifeng, No.3, 2010.
- “The IHR through new eyes”, Past and Future, Issue 5, London, 2009.
- A History of World Civilization, co-author, China Radio& Television Publishing House, August 2011.
- “The Development of British Welfare System”, Chapter 5, History of Development in Britain, Nanjing University Press, June 2010.