Ms Haiyan Xu
Ms Haiyan Xu, Associate Translator and Editor of CCPN Global (UK); Associate Professor in School of Foreign Languages, Nanchang University, China.
Research Interests: English&American Literature; Chinese Traditional Culture; A Comparative Study on Chinese-Western Culture; Symbiotic Ideas
- 1994-1998：Undergraduate majoring in English Education, Jiangxi Normal University
- 1998--present：Teaching in School of Foreign Languages, Nanchang University
- 2003：Attending “Teaching Project For Chinese University Teachers”, University of Leeds, UK
- 2005-2008：Graduate study in English Language and Literature, Nanchang University
- 2007：Academic Scholar in Communication Arts Department, University of Wisconsin, USA
- 2011：Attending Graduate training program in Research Centre of Eastern Literature, Peking University
- 2013：Academic Scholar in Faculty of English, University of Cambridge, UK
- 2004, participated in the research project of provincial level----“the application of computer-assisted self-study model in college English teaching”
- 2004, participated in the research project of national level----“ the construction and application of MSC teaching methodology in listening & speaking course”
- 2005, hosted the research project of provincial level----“the application of informative teaching theory in college English teaching design”
- 2007, participated in the research project of provincial level----“ A study on Henry James’ novels from cultural criticism view”
- 2008, hosted the research project of university level---“A philosophical study on Emily Dickinson’s poetry”
- 2010, hosted the research project of provincial level---“A study on Emily Dickinson’s poetry”
- 2012, participated in the research project of national level---“A study on Flannery O’Connor’s Novels”.
- 2001, translated the book into Chinese with my colleague Summer For the Gods by American author---Edward Larson, published by Jiangxi Education Press.
- 2001, Participated in compiling a mini-dictionary----The Breakthrough of Band-4 Vocabulary of College English , published by Jiangxi Science&Technology Press.
- 2004, Paper : “twinkling living experience of extinction and eternity-----about Dickinson’s poems on the subject of death” published in Journal of NanChang university.
- 2008, Paper: “Gu Hongming and his culture construction ideas”, published in Journal of Jiangxi social sciences.
- 2010, Paper : “ Michael Jackson——A Great Artist”, published in Journal of Movie Literature.
- 2010, Paper: “ The postmodernism features of Emily Dickinson poetry”, published in Journal of Writers.
- 2011, Paper: “Emily Dickinson’s soul war under the background of civil war”, published in Journal of Academic Exploration.